I need to import a vehicle into Canada that is already in Canada - how do I do this?

Updated by GB Robins

If you have a vehicle in Canada that came from another country, you need to properly import it in order to license it in Canada.

If the vehicle is from the USA, you need to first EXPORT the vehicle from the USA, and then import it into Canada.

This may require that you drive the vehicle down to the Canadian / U.S. border and properly export the vehicle through U.S. Customs, along with the 72 Hour notice period that may apply.

More information about exporting a vehicle from the USA can be found here: https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/export-docs/motor-vehicle

How did we do?

Powered by HelpDocs (opens in a new tab)

Powered by HelpDocs (opens in a new tab)